Wednesday, April 12, 2017

I have been made redundant from my workplace

Yesterday, An Aussie guy suggested me write an article regarding how life is like punishment to many people after he had a car accident and do not get along well with his girlfriend,cheap mlb hats, he’s suffering most of the time.

I just didn’t tell him that I am also experiencing hardship.

The day before yesterday, my lady boss started crying when she came into the office early in the morning.

“Why? She’s such a strong, tough and independent woman, there must be a reason.”

In a while, she said: “I am so sorry, we lost contract; so you guys can either find a new job from now on or get redundancy payment if you can’t find one by Christmas.”

What? All the people in accounts department will lose job including operations managers, some of them who have been working here for more than 17 years.

Australia’s economy is getting worse,cheap oakley sunglasses, our company from 90 sites, to 60 ,30 and now almost all gone.

I told my manager: “No worries, I’ll be all right.”

“I know, I would like stay in this company as I am used to it, there are a lot of flexibilities, I can arrange holidays or take days off when my family comes over, the accounting system is pretty organized and people are nice, financial controller is very helpful.”

“But we have to face the reality as there’s no choice.”

“Wow, you are too positive, you make me feel much better.” my boss lady said and another colleague added: " Sweetolive has never got worries.”

“No, that’s not the truth, of course, I have a lot of worries, but I know how to change my attitude.”

10 years ago, I worried everything and I had no idea how to get over it.

I worried if I failed exams, then I couldn’t complete a degree on time.

I worried if I failed IELTS, then I had no enough points to reach PR requirements.

I always worried PR policy be changed, so I checked the website often, because if I couldn’t apply PR, then I had to go back China.

The rest of the time, I worried whether I could find a job after I complete a degree in the Uni as I was older than most of the others.

I simply couldn’t focus on the present life, worried too much about the future.

A few days ago I received an email from one American author, he said: “ I’ve not published anything since May and I’d like to get back on track because running this blog positively affects my productivity and positivity.”

Yes, that’s exactly what I would like to say, reading and writing have given me positive effects, that’s the main thing I have gained from Englishpassion.

Be a benefit- finder
Make a game of finding something positive in every situation. Ninety-five percent of your emotions are determined by how you interpret events to yourself.
 -         Brian Tracy –

I have just extended the time be on holiday in China from January to February next year.

I also discussed with my family that we might have a 4 to 5 weeks’ trip to some place really far from Shanghai, which would be impossible if I keep the job.

And that was a big dream I had for a long time,cheap nfl jerseys, now it can be realized from losing a job, not bad.

Create your future
Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
  – Ralph Blum –

For the past few years, I was always tried to find a new job, but because of holidays to China, and scared of whether it will be worse or better for changing a new one, so I got stuck.

Then I completed stopped looking since I started writing as there are a lot of free time can be used.

But now things are changing, I have to find a new job even I don’t want to.

Previously, I was only looking for a full-time permanent position, but now I don’t care casual, part-time or temporary job as I like to deal with different kinds of people, experiencing up and down, which is essential for writing.

One can never be a good writer if live in a fantasy world, without getting redundancy, I don’t think there’s an opportunity for me write an article like the one I posted today.

Accept reality and act on it
Face reality as it is, not as it was or as you wish it to be
 --- Jack Welch  ---

One our operations manager, a very hard worker, who enjoys working so much and being very responsible, but she has the same fate as everyone else- being made redundant.

She has no choice, even the boss don’t have the choice.

I saw one colleague was playing games on the mobile, I asked: “Have you written your resume for a new job?”

“Not yet, too stressed.”

“Haha, I think it better starts from now on, because a good opportunity doesn’t come often.

If there’s a really good job which suits you most, then it is better going for the job than getting the money from the company and leave.”

“For me, I have already bought an airplane ticket to Shanghai, so I have to wait until the end.”

But once I am back, I will be more active, preparing resume and interview questions, practicing software to a better level, eg, EXCEL.

Apply for any job by sending as many emails as I can, I don’t mind a casual job as I said I love to communicate with different people.

The rest of the time, I will do the reading, writing, swimming, dancing, running and jogging etc, just for a healthy lifestyle.

It doesn’t mean you lose a job, you don’t deserve a good lifestyle and do the things you love, actually, you have more time to do things really matters to you.

Everyone will experience hardship, however, if we change our attitude, we can perceive difficulty as a challenge, see the glass as half full; then we still enjoy the moment during that period and make full use of the time.

One day, we will become stronger with self-confidence as we know how to deal with difficulties and being more understandable for the person who has the same trouble as us.

Wish me good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment